Friday, December 16, 2011

This is England

I think it's time to make up arrears on the blog - Christmas are approaching, so I do not want to leave this work for free days. I guess I am already quite late. :)
To be honest, I don't watch many movies, so it's a little difficult for me to write a review of one of them, but I think I'll choose the film titled "This is England" – a movie that I have watched a few times and never managed to watch it in Polish or with Polish subtitles, but nothing happened - English accent is worth it. :)
The film is based on experiences of director Shane Meadows. It takes place in England (as the title implies) and tells the story of a boy who joins a group of skinheads, who become his best friends. And don't get me wrong – not every skinhead is a racist or a neo-Nazi – this is the story about friendship, entry into adulthood and social problems of British working-class in the 80's.
In my opinion, the additional advantage of this film is the music – I like to come back from time to time to this soundtrack.
Because I think most of you never heard of this film, I put here a trailer and encourage you to watch the whole movie. I hope you enjoy it!


p.s. if you find a version with a Polish lector, send it to me ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment